With the end in sight to this pregnancy, there are several things I am starting to look forward to, aside from having my baby here (obviously).
- Alcohol. All the wine and rum. While I have had a few small glasses of wine here and there, I’m ready for a big fat glass or three of wine. Especially when we are out to eat. I just miss wine with my food or having a glass while sitting outside with my husband when he smokes cigars.
- Sleeping on my stomach. I have adapted to side sleeping but I’m ready to flop on my stomach.
- Sex. Eventually the brakes were hit on our sex life during this pregnancy. I was completely unsure, going into pregnancy, how we would handle our sex life because everyone has told me different stories. We miss sex, is really all there is to say on that.
- Not being a target. I want my boundary lines back. I don’t want the stares from people, the hands touching, the questions, the comments. I just want to be another person walking around Target.
- Having a normal conversation. The bump is a go-to conversation when out with friends but there is still more to me. I have other things going on in my life, contrary to what I tell you on this blog and I’m cool not talking about my baby.
- Being able to keep up. Whether you like it or not you hit this wall where you just cannot keep up with your friends. You look ridiculous, at 8 months pregnant, joining their after dinner happy hour at the bar. I’m not jumping on a boat right now or going out for any girls night because I’m too busy thinking about my blood pressure. I’m ready for a care free night out.
- Being able to book a trip. We have been holding off booking a trip to an island until the baby comes. Because, responsible parenting. I’m ready to have that trip lined up and begin the countdown to that.
- Work outs. At 34 weeks pregnant I had to say good-bye to my classes at the gym. Due to swelling, blood pressure and a few other things I had to get real about staying safe and just doing workouts at home. It is mentally one of the hardest things so far. I’m already missing it and ready to get back to normal workouts.
- Being able to get in my bed. It is tall, I am pregnant. I look like a high centered rhino getting into bed some nights.
- Being able to get out of bed. I can still kinda use my abs to roll myself over but it takes more work everyday. This maneuver is what we call a turtle on its back.
- The ability to put on my shoes, towel dry off, put on lotion, shave my legs, switch the laundry, and a million other things that are so damn tough right now.
- My vagina. I haven’t seen it in a few weeks and I’m sure I won’t want to see it for a few weeks after but hey, I look forward to seeing it again one day.
- Wearing my wedding ring again. That came off two weeks ago.
- Regular clothes. I see them all there in the closet, staring at me. I want to be rid of all maternity clothes or regular clothes I have stretched out:) Same goes for shoes. I just live in my flip-flops instead because, fat feet.
- Sushi. Just kidding, I don’t eat sushi.
- Knowing the unknown. We are in that territory where I wonder constantly about when the baby will come, how, etc. I’m ready to have that part done and over with so it just becomes part of the story and not a maybe.
What are you most looking forward to after your baby is born?