With the end in sight to this pregnancy, there are several things I am starting to look forward to, aside from having my baby here (obviously).
- Alcohol. All the wine and rum. While I have had a few small glasses of wine here and there, I’m ready for a big fat glass or three of wine. Especially when we are out to eat. I just miss wine with my food or having a glass while sitting outside with my husband when he smokes cigars.
- Sleeping on my stomach. I have adapted to side sleeping but I’m ready to flop on my stomach.
- Sex. Eventually the brakes were hit on our sex life during this pregnancy. I was completely unsure, going into pregnancy, how we would handle our sex life because everyone has told me different stories. We miss sex, is really all there is to say on that.
- Not being a target. I want my boundary lines back. I don’t want the stares from people, the hands touching, the questions, the comments. I just want to be another person walking around Target.
- Having a normal conversation. The bump is a go-to conversation when out with friends but there is still more to me. I have other things going on in my life, contrary to what I tell you on this blog and I’m cool not talking about my baby.
- Being able to keep up. Whether you like it or not you hit this wall where you just cannot keep up with your friends. You look ridiculous, at 8 months pregnant, joining their after dinner happy hour at the bar. I’m not jumping on a boat right now or going out for any girls night because I’m too busy thinking about my blood pressure. I’m ready for a care free night out.
- Being able to book a trip. We have been holding off booking a trip to an island until the baby comes. Because, responsible parenting. I’m ready to have that trip lined up and begin the countdown to that.
- Work outs. At 34 weeks pregnant I had to say good-bye to my classes at the gym. Due to swelling, blood pressure and a few other things I had to get real about staying safe and just doing workouts at home. It is mentally one of the hardest things so far. I’m already missing it and ready to get back to normal workouts.
- Being able to get in my bed. It is tall, I am pregnant. I look like a high centered rhino getting into bed some nights.
- Being able to get out of bed. I can still kinda use my abs to roll myself over but it takes more work everyday. This maneuver is what we call a turtle on its back.
- The ability to put on my shoes, towel dry off, put on lotion, shave my legs, switch the laundry, and a million other things that are so damn tough right now.
- My vagina. I haven’t seen it in a few weeks and I’m sure I won’t want to see it for a few weeks after but hey, I look forward to seeing it again one day.
- Wearing my wedding ring again. That came off two weeks ago.
- Regular clothes. I see them all there in the closet, staring at me. I want to be rid of all maternity clothes or regular clothes I have stretched out:) Same goes for shoes. I just live in my flip-flops instead because, fat feet.
- Sushi. Just kidding, I don’t eat sushi.
- Knowing the unknown. We are in that territory where I wonder constantly about when the baby will come, how, etc. I’m ready to have that part done and over with so it just becomes part of the story and not a maybe.
What are you most looking forward to after your baby is born?
12 thoughts on “Things I Am Looking Forward to Post-Pregnancy”
Totally relate to a lot of those! I can’t wait for the wine as well!! Working out for REAL…..and wearing normal clothes again are on the top of the list. I’ve still got 18 weeks to go! Gahhhhh
It is all the little things, isn’t it?! So close:)
oh man, wine and sushi (legit) would be on my list too and probably all of those things 😉 almost there friend!!!
Trust me, you will need the wine. All the wine. The rest of the stuff…well, you won’t have time for it. LOL.
You’re a great writer and I’m looking forward to your baby being here and seeing your posts. Not looking forward to when your struggle really gets real, but we are all in this together. Much love.
Well I’ve done it once before and I think I’ll manage again so I’m ready to take on a newborn:) With all the wine! Haha
I can’t wait to walk at a normal speed again! Have always been a fairly fast walker and now or takes me forever to get anywhere! Also, to be able to turn over in bed without it being a huge deal.
That turning over in bed thing is HUGE. the things we take for granted:)
I couldn’t wait for my pelvic bones to quit hurting!! That’s what it made harder for me to get in and out of bed, plus we had a waterbed!! See long time ago – 18 years!!
Almost done and wine will be waiting!!
I cannot even imagine getting out of a waterbed at this point! Yikes!!!
I have been so positive and content through this pregnancy. Things started to get tough in the third trimester and at 34 weeks or so, I started to think I might be one of the “over it” women. I wondered if I would ever get here, but I have, I’m totally over it. Not ready to have a baby that needs me 24/7 but ready to not be pregnant and feel just a little better. Yes wine. Yes workouts. Yes.
Haha! Good for you to keep that positive attitude! There is definitely a wall that I think we all hit at some point! But we worked hard to get there!
It’s these little things that matter the most 🙂 I still can’t sleep on my stomach cause of my boobs…I miss stomach sleeping